Too Much Nickelodeon
Signs You Watched Too Much Nickelodeon As a Child
Okay, I wrote this list several years ago when I was bored and then it just sat around for a while. I had trouble finding people who got the jokes. Maybe I'm worse than I thought. I wanted to send this out as a forward but I didn't know where to start. Anyway, since the Newsies & Roundhouse mailing lists were talking about old TV shows, I thought maybe you guys would appreciate this. I don't always give the exact names of the show, but if you're a REAL fan, you'll know what I'm talking about... : )
Note: if you REALLY can't figure out what one of these is referring to and you absolutely need to know, feel free to e-mail me. You know what's sad? Probably half of the above are true for me. *lol* And others are inspired by friends. What a strange world.
SIGNS YOU WATCHED TOO MUCH NICKELODEON AS A CHILD
by Strawberry (a.k.a. Meredith)
1. You start to notice Donkey Lips in bit parts on various TV shows.
2. You avoid the phrase "I don't know" for fear of being slimed.
3. You're amused to discover that when you squeeze a Ken doll's head together, he looks like Marc Summers.
4. Your lifelong dream is to be hit in the face with a pie.
5. All your stories begin with, "Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this story..."
6. You spend months trying to figure out what happened to Buddy's dog on Hey Dude .
7. Whenever your friends are frustrated, you try to sell them a cardboard product.
8. Your answering machine plays the closing song to The Elephant Show ... and you brag that you still know all the hand motions.
9. You still have your Eureeka's Castle puppets from Pizza Hut.
10. Every time your friend Sam wants to come over, you make him climb in the window so you can play the sound clip.
11. You wear your T-shirt from the Double Dare Live Tour in 1994 with pride.
12. As a child, you always dreamed of the days when you'd be old enough to compete on Get the Picture or Make the Grade .
13. You have pictures of your Maple Town dolls getting married.
14. You made your own Weinerizer for your little cousins to play with.
15. You were one of Nickelodeon Magazine's beta subscribers.
16. You can recite all the good deeds in the original Big Help slogan... in order.
17. You made your parents sign up for Prodigy so that you could go on-line and interact with U to U every week.
18. You remember watching the premiere of All That and thinking, "This isn't funny..."
19. Your motto for success is "Mind + Will Power = Goal" because that's what the guys told you on Welcome Freshman .
20. You were afraid to swing too high on your swing set for fear you'd turn into "Inside Out Boy."
21. After years of failing to win Nick's Super Toy Run or Nick Takes Over Your School, you write Nick a letter complaining that their contests are rigged.
22. You write to Soap Opera Digest's "Ask Us" column to find out what happened on the last episode of Fifteen .
23. When you have to write a college essay on the person you idolize most, your subject is Mike O'Malley.
24. You still refer to the first day of the school week as Mega-Toon Monday.
25. Your dream house would have the easychair from Roundhouse , orange walls, a pool of green slime, and a big orange couch.
** If you like this list, please forward it on to a friend. **